1 cup of olive oil
2 and 1/2 of water.
Half a kilo of strength flour (more or less).
500 grs. of sugar.
– Step 1: Put the fire in the water with the oil, when it breaks to boil, the flour is pulled out, to scald it and it is strongly beaten with a wooden spoon.
– Step 2: When the mixture is warm, the eggs are added one by one, while the dough does not imbibe the first one, the second one should not be added. The dough should be soft, in case it is something hard you can add some warm water.
– Step 3: With two soup spoons, medium rolls are formed and baked over low heat until golden brown.
– Step 4: Then prepare a syrup with 1/2 liter of water and 500 grams of sugar and when it is ready, soak it well. It is advisable to “mix” them the day before.
– This sweet is like most of the Levantine area, has an Arab origin as you can see by name.